XL Series atomizers are consumable products that need to be replaced around every 4-6 weeks, depending on user and care, or when flavor is no longer to the user's liking.
Like other consumable products (light bulbs or spark plugs), the more use, frequency, and power run through the atomizer, the shorter the shelf life.
If your atomizer has stopped working, there are 3 possible solutions:
- The center firing pin in the atomizer needs to be fixed.
- The atomizer needs to be cleaned.
- The atomizer has run its life span and needs to be replaced.
Fixing the Atomizer Center Pin
Most "non-working" atomizers are simply not making a connection with the battery since the center pin that connects the atomizer to the battery has been pushed in during use.
When an atomizer and a battery are both working properly, but will not activate, the center pin may be the problem and the battery and atomizer are not making a connection.
- Batteries with an LCD screen will read "No Atomizer," or a variation of that depending on the battery.
- Batteries without an LCD screen (like SOURCE orb XL Premium battery) will have their button light up when pressed as if no atomizer is plugged in.
Because the negative and positive connectors are separated by rubber rings on both the battery and the atomizer that are flexible, the center pin can sometimes get pushed down too far to make good contact. Each time it is screwed onto the battery it pushes the center pin in a little, while also dropping, or shaking your atomizer can also push the center pin.
Fortunately, pulling the center pin out a little on either component usually resolves the issue.
- Power off and lock your battery.
- Prior to touching, verify the atomizer is cool and not hot, as it might cause burns.
- Unscrew the atomizer by rotating counterclockwise until it's removed from the attachment base.
- Slowly pull out the center pin found on the bottom of the atomizer 1mm-2mm (see image below).
- Once you have pulled the center pin up, your atomizer should be working normally.
How to Clean your Atomizer
To optimize the performance of your atomizers, we recommend cleaning thoroughly whenever needed.
To clean the atomizers:
- Make sure the battery is not active and locked.
- Unscrew the atomizer from the attachment.
- Submerge in a container with 91% isopropyl alcohol.
- Allow to soak for 1 hour.
- Remove atomizer from container, and allow ample to time to completely dry.
- Once dry, feel free to use again.
Make sure they are completely dry as you do not want to inhale alcohol vapor fumes.
Atomizer Needs to Be Replaced
If your battery does any of the following, the atomizer needs to be replaced:
- Batteries without an LCD screen (like SOURCE orb XL Premium battery) will blink red 3 times when activated to indicate a short in the atomizer.
- Batteries with an LCD screen will read "Check Atomizer" or "Check Res!" when activated.
If you get either of these messages: Clean first, if that doesn't work, your atomizer needs to be replaced.
Did your atomizer fail within its 30-Day No-Hassle Warranty period (30 Days from purchase)?
If you tried everything above and your atomizer is still not working, file a warranty claim.